We have continued to be extremely busy even after the end of our fundraising campaign, which ended having raised 158% of our initial target! What’s more, Summer of Sonic is now completely sold out – amazing! We are still having to pinch ourselves at the success of the campaign, and would like to again thank everyone who has contributed to the cause.
What happens next?
We are now only 3 months from Summer of Sonic 2016. Over the coming weeks, we will be updating our Kickstarter, website and social media with a swathe of details, to keep you up-to-date on:
- Guest announcements: We still have a lot of guest announcements to make in the near future, including familiar faces to Summer of Sonic as well as some first time guests too! As we’ve smashed our targets throughout this campaign, we have found that we will also be able to accommodate additional guests we initially thought we would not be able to finance; we are currently talking to a number of these guests about their availability to attend Summer of Sonic 2016
- Event announcements: We will confirm the details of the day shortly, including opening and closing times, as well as more about the venue. We will also be announcing all of the on stage and off stage events that will be talking place at Summer of Sonic, including performances, competitions and much, much more!
- Vendor and merchandise announcements: We have updates for all those who have pledged for the T-shirt and coin rewards with some finalised images of what these will look like in the flesh. Additionally, we will also keep you all up to date vendors who will be selling Sonic the Hedgehog merchandise on the day
What you need to do next!
Now that the campaign is finished, there are two last things we need from all of you:
- Make sure your pledge payment has gone through: Many of you will have already been charged for your pledges, but please do check that your payment has gone through fine – the last day this will be collected is Monday 16th of May, 2016, so if you have not been charged by Friday 13th, please get in touch and we can follow this up to make sure your payment is taken and your rewards are secured
- Complete the survey when you receive it: We aim to send out a survey in June, in which we will request details such as your email delivery address for your Summer of Sonic 2016 invitations, request the names you wish to place on your invites, and to request other details such as your preferred T-shirt sizes – we will update when we have sent these out!
In the meantime, if you have any questions or queries, please consult our Q&A section on the Kickstarter page – if you can’t find the answer there, please feel free to get in touch via Kickstarter messages.
More updates coming soon!
Adam & Svend